Finish For Kids is a combined effort between the Foundation for International Medical Relief of Children (FIMRC) and The Carefree Foundation. As a member of the Finish For Kids team you help support the international medical relief work provided by FIMRC and The Carefree Foundation. The Finish For Kids organization is dedicated to providing you with the knowledge, skills, and training to help you successfully complete the Marine Corps Marathon.
The Foundation for International Medical Relief of Children is a 501(c)(3) global non-profit organization that is based in Philadelphia. It is dedicated to building hospitals and clinics around the world that cater to the medical needs of children. FIMRC’s multi-layered approach to development is unique in its emphasis on medical record keeping and health education, in addition to extensive community outreach.
Additionally, FIMRC hosts interested volunteers at its various project sites around the world who donate their time and resources through the FIMRC Global Health Volunteer Program. Volunteers assist with everything from clinic construction to delivery of medical care. Through dedicated members operating at minimal administrative costs, we aim to contribute in the range of 90% of all donations toward health services for children. For more information go to www.fimrc.org.
The mission of FIMRC is to provide access to medical care for the millions of underprivileged and medically underserved children around the world.
It strives to accomplish its mission through the following efforts:
1. Raising funds for the construction of pediatric clinics in areas currently lacking a reliable source for healthcare. FIMRC's foremost goal is to establish in underserved areas a facility that can serve as a center for healthcare administration to the children in that community, and as a base for our health education programs that serve to improve basic knowledge about the normal functioning body and about common diseases endemic in that population. Prior to the construction of a clinic, FIMRC mandates that a member of our Project Development Team visit the proposed site and conduct a population survey and health assessment. Follow-up visits subsequent to project initiation are also required to ensure proper use of our resources, and ultimately to monitor the clinic's success. As continuity of care is a priority, a basic charting system exists in each clinic and serves to document the care each child receives over time.
2. Directly influencing the health of children by encouraging and supporting individuals and groups who desire to travel to medically underserved areas of the world. FIMRC believes that better health is best achieved by direct care to those who can least access it. FIMRC organizes trips for volunteers to our clinics on an ongoing basis in an effort to supplement the care being delivered by local professionals. Medical volunteers work together to do physicals and deliver acute care as necessary. Non-medical volunteers assist with translating, administration, and a variety of other tasks.
3. Encouraging future health leaders to become involved in our purpose by recognizing their achievements. We encourage students to start a FIMRC chapter and participate in local community service activities as well as visit a FIMRC clinic so that they may experience firsthand the goal of healthier children worldwide – the end result of FIMRC's vision.
The Carefree Foundation Overview
The Carefree Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with aspirations to improve care on all seven continents. The organization was founded with two primary objectives. First and foremost, it is our goal to eliminate the social, geographic, and economic barriers that limit people’s access to quality medical care. Our second goal is to help improve the environments in which treatment is rendered.
We believe that all people deserve access to high-quality care, regardless of their social or financial situations. In addition, through our efforts to improve the environment of care - by helping facilities become clean, bright, and cheerful - we hope to inspire confidence and optimism in both patients receiving treatment and their families and loved ones. For more information go to www.carefreefoundation.org.
The Carefree Foundation Mission
The mission of The Carefree Foundation is to ensure that no treatable condition shall ever be an obstacle to health. Through a combination of foundation programs and social activism, we will work to guarantee that quality health care is available to underserved populations in the United States and around the world. Furthermore, it is our goal to promote health and healing not only by providing quality medical and preventative care, but also by creating treatment environments that foster hope.
The Carefree Foundation works to achieve its mission through:
1. Surgical expeditions - Our surgical expeditions allow us to perform surgeries that are not being done and/or not available to the vast majority of the populations we serve. While we perform these surgeries free of charge we train in-country doctors to be able to perform these operations without our supervision. Upon completion of our mission, we provide the newly trained surgeons with all of the necessary equipment and service to continue performing these procedures for decades to come.
2. Improvement of domestic treatment environments – Our domestic projects provide the materials, time, and labor to help improve treatment environments, which will ultimately enable physicians and staff to concentrate fully on providing quality patient care. This is accomplished by direct renovation and restoration of free clinics or providing an entertaining atmosphere for patients through visits and performances.